Monday, June 22, 2009

De Cecco International Marketing

Buon giorno! It's Monday (Lunedi) morning, my second day in the International Marketing Department at De Cecco. Friday I was given the responsibility of reviewing their website created specifically for the United States market. They have an Italian version and UK version that are already on the web, but the US site is yet to be released. My job has been to thoroughly review the work-in-progress site to ensure its'appeal to Americans and effectiveness. I am also comparing the site to other similar sites in order to identify needs and gain ideas. The end goal is to have a US website that is easy to use, understand, and appealing for customers to visit.

Another benefit of working with companies such as De Cecco is that I learn how companies outside the United States enter international markets. It is a long, tedious, and very competitive process. De Cecco is strong in the Italian market, many markets across Europe, Japan, and is growing in the United States. I continue to learn new things everyday and am very appreciative of the opportunity that I have to work at De Cecco.

Below are some pictures of the De Cecco office building (just completed), the Pescara-Chieti World Trade Center across the street from De Cecco, a GS Store, and a Gelati stand. I have also posted some pictures from me talking to my family on skype. Skype has been great! You should get it if you don't have it...

1 comment:

  1. Great pics once again. You are doing a great job of giving us a good idea of what things are like there. I know you are learning so much. Hope you have a wonderful week, thinking about you and praying for you daily. Love u-sister

    ReplyDelete

Arkansas WTC Building

Arkansas WTC Building

Arkansas - Italy Partnership

Arkansas - Italy Partnership