Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Week with Mataluni Group

So since the last time I posted I have done quite a bit, again. I worked with Mataluni Group, a company that produces various olive oils, vegetable oils and seed oils. Some of the brands that they produce are theirs, but many of them are for other companies and brand names. Many of the brands you would recognize and can be bought all over the world.

While at Mataluni, located in small town Montesarchio (Pop. 10,000+), I worked alongside Gianluca (pictured below) in their International Sales Division and was able to see what their international sales/marketing strategy is and how it is carried out on a daily basis. They also allowed me to tour their laboratories where quality control is managed and standards of their products are tested and protected. For example, before any delivery of oil from a farm is accepted by Mataluni, a sample is taken from the truck and tested multiple times in their laboratories on-site.

In another picture below, you might notice that I am in a bright orange shirt beside Gianluca again. This was at an annual event they had going on in Montesarchio for the entire week called "Summer Camp 2009" where the local community came together to compete in sports such as beach soccer and volleyball, and enjoy the entertainment of local bands, a merry-go-round, superslide, kids train and various vendor stands. Gianluca and many other community leaders were very instrumental in making this week-long event happen and as part of my experience in Montesarchio they let me help by being a referee for a few volleyball games. I even had an Italian bratwurst with eggplant on it, which was quite tasty!

Overall, it was an excellent opportunity to live, work and play in a smaller Italian community and spend time with local people. For the weekend, I took a train to meet Tripp and Scott again, this time in Rome. We saw all the sites including the Vatican, Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Trevi Fountain among others. The best way to describe Rome is MASSIVE. Everything is huge. My time in Italy is quickly coming to a close (for now) as I will be returning home to Arkansas on Friday, July 24th. I finish up in Pescara and will work 3 days at MissSixty, a fashion company, before coming home. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arkansas WTC Building

Arkansas WTC Building

Arkansas - Italy Partnership

Arkansas - Italy Partnership