Monday, July 27, 2009

Sixty Group Fashion Company

I am now home back in Arkansas, but wanted to post one last time on my final experience with an Italian company, this time in Pescara, Italy. I spent 3 days last week with a fashion company called the Sixty Group. Sixty Group brands include Miss Sixty, Energie, Killah, Murphy & Nye and Refrigawear. Their most popular brands are Miss Sixty and Energie, both fashion brands mainly targeted at younger men and women including teens and adults in their twenties. During my time with Sixty Group I conducted research comparing their online marketing strategy with their closest competitors. Popular trends include business Facebook, Twitter and Blog pages as well as Youtube videos. Companies are learning to combine the four outlets to inexpensively reach their customers and stay connected with them. My job was to compare how well Sixty Group was developed in these areas compared to competition such as Diesel, Replay, Guess and Tommy Hilfiger. I was able to compile a presentation to present to them on the final day showing them my research and also suggestions for furhter development of their online outreach.

The pictures below include a few of the Sixty Group headquarters close to Pescara, and also a couple pictures of Pescara before I left. As I said, I am now back home in Arkansas, but I will never forget the 6 weeks I spent in Italy. The lessons I learned about business and international relationships will prove invaluable to my future career. Once again, I would like to show my appreciation to the Arkansas World Trade Center, Pescara World Trade Center, Center for Retailing Excellence, Walton College Career Development Center and all the companies that I spent time with for the unprecedented support that I received to even be able to have this internship in Italy. I look forward to what lies ahead in the next few years as I leave my student status. For more information or additional pictures, please contact me at pdifani@uark.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arkansas WTC Building

Arkansas WTC Building

Arkansas - Italy Partnership

Arkansas - Italy Partnership